Trying to become a licensed Home Inspector in Louisiana?
Jean Picou, owner of Corner-2-Corner is a LSBHI Approved In-Field Trainer.
The Trainee must complete 30 hours of prelicensing platform training, as well as ten (10) live inspections with an approved in-field trainer. I’m one of 27 such trainers approved by the state of Louisiana.
- Lectures, demonstrations, class discussions and hands-on exercises including:
- Conducting your own “hands-on” evaluation of several electrical panel boxes and a combined furnace/water heater system. Comparing your results with those of an experienced home inspector. After that, listen to our instructor provide detailed explanations of the defects that were found
- Conducting your own “in the field” evaluation of an entire exterior and structure of a home. Comparing your evaluation results with those of an experienced home inspector
- Conducting your own “in the field” evaluation of a roof of a home. Comparing your evaluation results with those of an experienced home inspector
- Roofing, exteriors and structural field training tours of homes
- Question and answer sessions between students like you and an experienced home inspector/trainer
- Marketing and legal issues, reviewing the Louisiana SOP (Standards of Practice)